With FastCheck, monitor your FastMail.FM account and get notified of new emails.
FastCheck lets you check your FastMail.FM mailbox in the background and notifies you when
you receive new mails.
Works over a proxy, firewall, and supports Basic authentication and NTLM authentication.
Its main features are:
- Works behind virtually all types of firewall/proxy (supports PAC files,
- Can monitor several accounts and several folders per account
- Can notify you immediatly of new emails
- Displays a customisable message box when you receive new mails
- Opens your favorite web browser or application when you receive new mails
- Plus many more features...
FastCheck provides a subset of the functionality of most IMAP
clients like Outlook Express, Mozilla, etc--specifically, it tells you when you
have new mail. So, why use FastCheck instead of just an IMAP client? Well,
there's lots of reasons you may find it useful:
- If you prefer FastMail.FM's web interface to other mail clients, but want to
know about new mail faster than FastMail.FM's Web Mail Poll window, FastCheck is great
because it provides instant notification
- FastCheck has other advantages over the Web Mail Poll window, including checking
multiple folders (rather than just the inbox), and providing audible and visual
notification in the taskbar of new email
- FastCheck is a better mail checker than Mozilla, because Mozilla doesn't
support *instant* notification (using the IMAP 'IDLE' command) whereas FastCheck
does. It is better than Outlook Express because you can quickly check *many*
folders for new email, and get taskbar notification if there's new email in any
- If you are behind a firewall and don't have IMAP access, FastCheck can work
over an HTTP proxy; so, it works anywhere that you have access to the web!
- If you are on a PC at work where you cannot install new software (for
example an email client like Outlook Express), just pop a disk with FastCheck
into your floppy drive--you can run it directly from there!